2017 Concrete Vintage Fly-In Schedule
Friday, July 21st
- All Day – Aircraft Arriving/Departing
- All Day – Aircraft Judging
- 9-5 – North Cascade Vintage Aircraft Museum Open
Saturday, July 22nd
- All day – Aircraft Arriving/Departing
- Until 2pm – Aircraft Judging
- 9am – 5pm – North Cascade Vintage Aircraft Museum Open
- All Day – Museum Aircraft/Others Flying
- All Day – Young Eagles Sign-up
- All Day – Kids Activites
- All Day – Vintage Classic Cars
- 7:30am – 11am Grasmere Fire Department Fundraiser Breakfast at the Concrete High School right next door. Proceeds support the High School scholarship program.
- All Day – Food Vendors (Donut Seed Co., Nae Nae’s Tasty Dogs, Outlaw BBQ)
- 11am – 6pm – Beer Garden hosted by Anacortes Brewery
- Time TBA – Concrete High School Jazz Band
- 7:30 – 11pm -West End hangar boys invite you to a Cook Out, Live Music by the Fender Benders and Dancing. BYOB, Fire Pit – food donations gratefully received. Taking place in the NW hangar on the field. Everyone welcome.
- All Day – Concrete Town Exhibits
Sunday, July 23rd
Pilots – Please see our Pilot Information for Fly-In Details
Arrival & Parking
In an effort to accommodate the ever growing number of aircraft flying in, the fly-in will again use a higher density, overlapping tail to tail parking system for this year’s fly-in. Once again the ground crew will be reserving the southeast corner of the main parking area for antique, vintage and classic aircraft. Other aircraft are kindly asked to park either on the south side of the runway (which, at the east end, is equally great viewing for airplanes landing and taking off) as well as the parking available west of the main museum hangar.
Arriving pilots should monitor and communicate on 122.9 as they approach the airport. Upon landing, pilots will be directed to the best available parking where they will be met by ground personnel who will help them with the parking and hand out registration cards. Any pilot wishing to hold a nearby parking space for an incoming pilot can just let the ground personnel know after parking.
Accommodation & Food
Camping is available at the airport next to your airplane. The pilot’s lounge is open for public use and includes shower, restroom and kitchen facilities.
There are several local lodging options in Concrete, more information can be found here: Concrete Lodging.
There will be food vendors at the airport all day Saturday (see above) and we have some other plans too, keep checking back for updates! There are also several local restaurants in Concrete which is about a 15-20 minute walk.
We expect the Skagit Valley Antique Car Club on Saturday and a local vintage motorcycle club to join us at some point during the weekend! We encourage you to dance along to the music of the Concrete HS Jazz Band who will be performing on Saturday from 1:00!
Our fuel station has 100 LL aviation gas available.
Information the town of Concrete
It is required that you carry a minimum of liability insurance on your aircraft to participate in the Concrete North Cascades Fly-In. Please utilize safety precautions at all times. Please stay off the runway and behind the aircraft parking lines (painted in orange) at all times unless necessary. If you must cross the runway, please exercise caution in doing so.
No low fast passes upon taking off are permitted.